Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Peru here I come!

Two days ago (saturday), my boyfriend Colton came over to Toronto to visit. For the first time he saw my room and apparently I have soooo much clothing that there is no walking space in my room because they take up all the space I have. His words were "and you complain about my room". But honestly, I think his room is a lot messier than mine. I just have a lot of stuff... well maybe a little too much stuff.

After getting ready, because I was too lazy to get ready before he got here, we decided to go out for a late lunch. I was taking him to El Plebeyo, a Peruvian restaurant here in Toronto by St. Clair West and Bathurst, my favourite to say the least. It's a very small cozy family restaurant with absolutely delicious food. This was Colton's very first time having Peruvian food and he enjoyed it so much that if he lived in Toronto, he'd be there at least once a week most likely. 

When we just got there, the restaurant was closed, since it was around 4:15 p.m. I had to call in to make sure the restaurant opened on saturday or else I would've had to take him to the backup, El Fogon. I called in and the owner Pepe told me that they opened at 5:00, which means that late lunch was really going to be dinner. So we decided to go to the Starbucks across the street, but since it was filled with people, we walked around a bit to stumble upon a frozen yogurt place. I decided to have dessert before dinner. They had a lemon merengue frozen yogurt that was very yummy with some coconut on top. After our snack, we walked for a bit to wait until the restaurant opened for dinner service. We walked into a Good Will, first time for me, and I saw all these different stuff that just kept reminding me of LARP haha. 

We finally ended making it into El Plebeyo, in which I greeted the owner as I usually do when I am in there. We sat down and ordered our food. I made Colton try Inca Kola which is a traditional Peruvian pop. For appetizer we ordered yuca frita (fried cassava) with salsa a la huancaina (cheese sauce), ceviche mixto (mixed seafood cured in lime sauce which is Damien's favourite) and anticucho (grilled cow's heart that in Peru is actually street food). 

Ceviche Mixto

And for our main course chupe de mariscos (cream seafood soup with long grain rice which is one of Meli's faves).

Chupe de Mariscos

So Colton might just want to go visit Peru just because of the food. If you are in Toronto or ever here, I recommend this restaurant for sure. It is a bit pricier, but the food is absolutely fabulous! Have a good day everyone!

- Rin

No comments:

Post a Comment